Friday, January 27, 2012

solitary refinement

I don't remember what I was thinking when I drew this...but solitude, adventure, and "the unknowns" of the future come to mind. I think it has a kind of mysterious fairytale-esque, Alice-in-Wonderland feel to it. 

Anyway, today I had a very quiet day by myself. I woke up feeling alone, and then slowly got accustomed to my "alone-ness" and decided to make a good day out of it. So let's see... I ate a bacon cheeseburger, lurked around shady marketplaces for craft supplies, read a short story over black sugar ginger milk tea (that's a mouthful... in more ways than one...), went to H&M and bought a thick-knit $3 scarf on sale from the men's department (I like man-clothes), made a DIY clutch (which I will show you tomorrow), and am currently staying up late to blog about my day. haha. I guess it's not so bad being alone sometimes. My solitary adventures shall continue tomorrow!


"Being solitary is being alone well: being alone luxuriously immersed in doings of your own choice, aware of the fullness of your own presence rather than the absence of others. Because solitude is an achievement."

Alice  Koller


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...