Wednesday, February 22, 2012

DIY inspiration: "i love you" board

I was reading some articles about love and marriage online (haha yes... little laura is all grown up now)... and I came across one article that included a practical DIY CRAFT idea! The writer was reminding wives and husbands to continually encourage each other so she came up with the idea of an I Love You Board made out of some scrapbook supplies, ribbon, and a picture frame. Putting up a board like this at home can give couples or family members an opportunity to write something nice about each other (I know I don't do that enough!) haha.

Click here to see the original tutorial!

images from crosswalk.com

 In my opinion, "i love you" has evolved from an expression which (in some cultures and older generations) was seldom said out loud, to a three-word catch phrase that is often thrown around casually to practical strangers. I like this I Love You Board idea a lot because I think it's important not to only say those words but to go one step further and tell that person WHY you love him or her. A simple phrase of appreciation can go a long way in encouraging that someone special.

So even if you don't have time to make one of these boards just yet, I encourage you to think of a specific someone who might benefit from a little encouragement today, and go and tell this person ONE quality that you appreciate about him or her. Because at the end of the day, it's all about spreading some love. =)
 
 

1 comment:

  1. aw i really love this idea. you're so right that it's meaningful and encouraging to take the time to tell someone WHY you love them. this board seems like it'd be a good and easy way to brighten someone's day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...